Tomato, oregano, spinach, feta and rice bake
For the Dressing
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 1 Cup Basmati Rice
- 750ml Water
- ½ Cup Smooth Cottage Cheese or Plain yoghurt
- 100g Feta (hard crumbly Greek styled Feta)
- 60g Spinach, frozen or wilted
- 150g Roasted Cherry tomatoes or marinated Sundried Tomatoes
- 5 or 6 Seasoned Chicken Pieces
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Fresh Basil
- Roasted vine tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Get a large cast iron pot onto the stove at a medium heat. Add olive oil, onion, garlic & oregano.
- Add the rice to the pot & sauté for 3 minutes.
- Mix the chicken stock powder & water. Add half of the stock into the pot and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and stir in the rest of the stock along with the cottage cheese, feta, wilted spinach & cherry tomatoes.
- Top the rice with the seasoned chicken portions and place in the hot oven for 25 minutes. Finish off under the grill for a few minutes if desired to get the extra crispy bits.
- Remove from the oven, squeeze over some fresh lemon juice, season, garnish & serve.
*Tip dependant on the strength of your oven: If you have a very hot oven, the chicken may dry out. Cook covered with tinfoil for the first 15 minutes and uncover for the rest.