Saucy Chicken Livers
A saucy & indulgent chicken liver dish that is quick & easy to prepare and guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser, every time.
- 2 Tbsp Sunflower Oil (or any flavourless Oil)
- 2 Large Cloves of Garlic, peeled & minced
- 2 Medium Onions, peeled & diced
- 1 ½ tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 ½ tsp Paprika
- 60ml Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tin Chopped Tomato
- ½ tsp Sugar
- 2 x Bay Leaves
- 500g Chicken Livers, defrosted & cleaned
- 1 Tbsp Sunflower Oil (or any flavourless Oil)
- 200g Salted Butter
- 125ml Water
- 60ml Cream
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Place a medium sized pot onto the stove and fry the garlic and onions at a medium heat until translucent.
- Add the chilli flakes and paprika and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the lemon juice, stir and add in the chopped tomato, sugar and bay leaves.
- Bring the heat down and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer the sauce into a glass bowl or jug and set aside.
- Place a cast iron or non-stick saucepan onto the stove and get it scalding hot. Add oil and some of the butter into the pan and fry the livers in batches until golden, about 3 minutes on either side.
- Deglaze the pan with water, add the rest of the butter, sauce & cooked livers. Bring the heat right down.
- Simmer for 2 minutes, stir in the cream, season & serve with plenty of fresh bread for dipping.