Roast Chicken & Mushroom Pie
A simple & delicious family style dinner. Ideal served with a fresh salad.
Makes 4 Individual Pies or 1 Large Pie
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 200g Button Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp Fresh or dry Rosemary
- 2 Tbsp Chicken Stock Powder
- 2 Tbsp Corn Flour
- 500ml Water (plus an extra 125ml to mix with the corn flour)
- 125ml Cream
- 4 Roasted Deboned Chicken Thighs, shredded
- 1 roll Puff Pastry
- Flour to dust hands & work surface
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Get a large pot onto the stove at a medium heat. Add 2 Tbsp Olive Oil and sauté the onion, garlic, mushrooms & rosemary for 15 minutes, or until any excess liquid from the mushrooms has cooked off.
- In a mixing bowl or measuring jug mix chicken stock powder, corn flour, cream & water. Pour this mixture into the pot, stir and increase the heat to bring it to a boil, then reduce the heat.
- Shred the Deboned Roast Chicken Thighs. This is easiest done by hand, simply remove the skin and pull the cooked and cooled chicken thigh apart into the desired sized pieces.
- Stir the shredded chicken into the pie filling mixture.
- Season to your liking and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat & set aside to cool slightly.
- Roll the puff pastry out onto a floured work surface and cut out the pie top/s for the large pie or smaller pies.
- Spoon the Pie mixture into pie dish/es, top with pastry.
- Brush with egg, poke holes in the top so that any hot air can escape.
- Bake off in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes until the pastry is golden.