Hearty Chicken & Corn Soup
This vegetable packed Chicken soup is a crowd pleaser for any night of the week and is guaranteed to be loved by the whole family. Wholesome, nutritious & full of flavour.
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 large Leeks, cleaned and chopped
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Fresh or dry Thyme
- Kernels of 3 Cobs Sweet Corn (*optional: save about ½ Cup aside to char on a hot pan for garnish)
- 2 medium Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 medium Carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp Chicken Stock Powder
- 750ml Water (plus an extra 125ml to mix with the corn flour)
- 2 Tbsp Corn Flour
- 1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Chicken Fillets, poached or roasted & shredded
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Fresh Bread
- Chopped Chives
- Get a large pot onto the stove at a medium heat. Add 2 Tbsp Olive Oil and sauté the leeks, onion, garlic, thyme, potatoes, corn & carrots for about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken stock powder to 750ml water and pour into the pot over the sautéed vegetables.
- Mix ½ Cup or 125ml water & corn flour and add to the pot. Stir well, bring to the boil. Then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- While the soup mixture bubbles away, shred the chicken fillets. This is easiest done by hand, simply pull the cooked and cooled chicken fillet apart into the desired sized pieces of chicken fillet.
- Add shredded chicken to the soup and stir, saving some aside for the top.
- Season to your liking and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Mix 3 Tbsp Olive oil, 1 Tbsp Paprika and a pinch of salt, set aside.
- Stir 2 tsp of paprika oil into the soup. Remove from the heat.
- Top with Shredded chicken, charred corn, chopped chives and another drizzle of paprika oil.
- Serve with thick slices of fresh bread for dipping.