Fried Chicken & Waffle
Serves 4 or 5 (Makes 10 Waffles)
For the Waffles
- 150g Salted Butter, melted (90g for the batter & 60g for the waffle iron)
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 Cup Amasi
- 1 Cup Milk
- 3 Large Eggs, separated
- Chicken’Tizers Thighs (Southern Style), fried until golden
- Maple Syrup
- Add a pinch of salt to the egg whites and beat until stiff. Set aside.
- Sieve the flour, sugar & baking powder into a mixing bowl, then add egg yolks, amasi, milk and butter, whisk to combine.
- Fold in the fluffy egg whites.
- Preheat a waffle iron and lightly coat with butter. Cook waffles (using about 1/2 cup batter per waffle) until golden. Butter the iron in between batches as needed. Serve waffles immediately with crispy chicken, butter & maple syrup.