Crispy crumbed Gizzards
A delicious way to elevate the humble gizzard – the crispy coating makes them perfect as bite sized canapes, party snacks or an interesting plated starter.
Serves 8 to 10
(as a party snack/canape)
- 500g Chicken Gizzards, cleaned
- 1 ½ Cups Milk
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Chilli Sauce (Optional)
- 1 tsp fresh or dry thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- 4 Eggs, beaten
- 2 Cups Bread Crumbs
- Oil for Frying
- Sea Salt
- Garlic Mayonnaise & Peri-peri sauce or dipping sauces of your choice
- Place the milk, lemon juice, thyme, garlic & salt into a blender or food processor and pulse to combine.
- Pour the milk mixture over the gizzards, refrigerate and marinade over night in an airtight container, or for at least 3 hours.
- Set up a coating station with three dishes. One with the flour and garlic salt, one with beaten eggs and the last with the bread crumbs
- Heat a pot or fryer with oil for deep frying.
- Strain the gizzards from the seasoned milk mixture.
- Coat the strained gizzards in seasoned flour, followed by egg, and finally breadcrumbs.
- Fry, season with a sprinkle of sea salt & serve with dipping sauces of your choice.