Chilli & herb ‘Walkie Talkies’ (Chicken Heads & Feet)
A South African delicacy, best served with samp, steamed bread or stiff pap.
- 1kg Chicken Heads & Feet, cleaned & prepared
- 2 Tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 2 Tbsp Salted Butter
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Fresh or dry Thyme
- 3 Tbsp Mild Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 2 Tbsp Chicken Stock Powder
- 1 Tbsp Corn Flour
- 2 Cups Water
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fresh Coriander & Chilli to garnish
- In a large cast iron pot fry off the onions & garlic until translucent in the olive oil & butter at a medium to high heat on the stove.
- Add the thyme, curry powder & chilli powder, sauté for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the Chicken Heads & Feet and stir.
- Mix the chicken stock powder & corn flour into the water and add into the pot.
- Reduce the heat & simmer for 45 to 60 minutes, stirring intermittently. Top up with additional hot water if needed.
- Season to your liking and finish off with a squeeze of lemon, chopped coriander, fresh chilli & serve.